24700 is taking today off from our regular posting schedule to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. Enjoy the turkey or Tofurky with friends and loved ones, and we’ll see you back in the blogosphere Monday.
In the meantime, here are a few of our favorite posts in recent months that you may have missed:
- Faculty member Janet Sarbanes’ examination of arts and song in the Shaker community.
- A 24700 interview with three members of the Dutch experimental theater troupe Wunderbaum. (Video)
- Subway sketches from CalArts’ alum Eric Molinsky.
- The School of Art launches a new online journal East of Borneo.
- Music student Tyler Brizendine has a work premiered by the Minnesota Orchestra.
- Rev. Billy Brings his high-octane show to REDCAT.
- Author Chris Abani visits CalArts as part of the Diversity Lecture series.
- CalArts faculty and filmmaker Monte Hellman featured in Artforum.
- Film/Video Dean Steve Anker releases the book Radical Light: Alternative Film and Video in the San Francisco Bay Area, 1945–2000.
There are so many other stories, so please feel free to explore 24700′s archives. We never run out of stories to tell at a special place like CalArts.
And for that, we are truly thankful.