On April 29, the CalArts School of Film/Video continues its presentation of film works by students in its annual Film/Video Showcase at Roy and Edna Disney/CalArts Theater (REDCAT) in Downtown Los Angeles. Nine films by students from the Film Directing Program are screening.
On the program:
- The Ebbing Tree by DaManuel Richardson (Film/Video MFA 16)
- On Street Harassment with Nora Labib by Sharine Atif (Film/Video MFA 17)
- Winter Break by Xin Yi (Film/Video MFA 16)
- Evidence by Fu-Jui (Freddy) Tang (Film/Video MFA 18)
- Aquí by Mireya Martinez (Film/Video MFA 18)
- How to Crack Hard-Boiled Eggs by Chy Chi (Film/Video MFA 16)
- Se Shin Sa by Eunhye Hong Kim (Film/Video MFA 18)
- Lumiere by Melly Turner (Film/Video MFA 18)
- The Sacred Disease by Erica Scoggins (Film/Video MFA 16)
This year's Film Directing Program jurors are faculty Deborah LaVine, Ernest Marrero and Lee Anne Schmitt, alumna Giulia Caruso (Film/Video MFA 13), along with guest jurors Ciro Cappellari and Rodrigo Correia.
The screening is free and open to the public, but reservations are required due to limited seating. For more information about all 2016 Film/Video Showcase screenings held at REDCAT and CalArts, visit the site.
Film/Video Showcase: Film Directing Program
April 29, 8 pm
631 W. 2nd St., Los Angeles