On Friday (April 28), CalArts' 2017 Film/Video Showcase continues with a special screening of works by students in the Film Directing Program. The event starts at 8 pm and is held at the Roy and Edna Disney/CalArts Theater (REDCAT) in Downtown Los Angeles.
On the program:
- Raymond by Andrew Lush (Film/Video MFA 18), 11:15
- Still by Hollywood Foreign Press Association scholar Mavra Peponis (Film/Video MFA 17), 20:00
- Audition by Richard Van (Film/Video MFA 18), 14:40
- The Two Suns by Nicolas Savignano (Film/Video MFA 18), 2:25
- Salam by Bassma Nasr (Film/Video MFA 17), 12:30
- Kina Hora by Jonathan Weisburst (Film/Video MFA 17), 9:00
- Bean by Irina Prokhorenko (Film/Video MFA 17), 15:00
- Red Ocean by Sihui Shao (Film/Video MFA 19), 3:45
- And we stood still by Ilana Coleman (Film/Video MFA 17), 23:00
This year’s selection committee is comprised of faculty members Deborah LaVine, Juan Pablo Gonzalez, Ernest Marrero, Abigail Severance, Suanne Spoke, guest juror Ana Paula Pereira de Souza and Alisha Mehta, with alum Yinchao Wu (Oates) (Film/Video MFA 15).
The Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) has funded scholarships for students in the School of Film/Video since 1996. Students who received scholarships from HFPA in 2016-17 acknowledge and thank the HFPA for the generous support.
The screening is free and open to the public, but reservations are required due to limited seating. For more information about all 2017 Film/Video Showcase screenings held at REDCAT and CalArts, visit the site.