The annual School of Film/Video Showcase continues this weekend with a screening of 21 juried films produced by students from the Program in Film and Video on Saturday (May 3) at 7 pm at REDCAT.
Works on the program:
- There Are No Words by Andrea Busco (MFA 16), 5:35
- Nomad’s Song by Emily Chao (MFA 15), 3:33
- Under the Atmosphere by Mike Stoltz (MFA 14), 13:30 (16mm)
- Friday Mosque by Azadeh Navai (MFA 15), 7:49 (16mm)
- Falling Upward by Gail Gutierrez (MFA 16), 1:00 (16mm)
- The Isle of Píritu by Edgar Jorge (MFA 14), 6:56
- Run Home by Tyler Betschart (MFA 15), 5:19
- Against Landscape by Josh Solondz (MFA 16), 4:00
- On Springfield Hill by Jackson McCoy (MFA 14), 5.00 (16mm)
- Field Notes by Vashti Harrison (MFA 14), 17:30 (16mm)
- Fausto and Emilio by Nora Sweeney (MFA 14), 13:00 (16mm)
- Square Dance, Los Angeles County, California, 2013 by Silvia Das Fadas (MFA 14), 9:00 (16mm)
- In Camera by Kyle Petty (MFA 16), 1:00 (16mm)
- Mujer by Sofia Canales (BFA 13), 10:00 (16mm)
- Words From a Silence by Penda Diakite (BFA 14), 6.00
- You and Me on VHS by Chelsey Sullivan (MFA 15), 4:00
- Black Friday by Alexander Girav (BFA 17), 7:00
- Black Coffee by Richard Bar (BFA 16), 3:06
- Still (Regular ol’ Guys) by Nacho Cano (BFA 16), 3:10
- Heart Cum by Regina Gonzales (BFA 17) and Mark Bogle (BFA 17), 1:15
- La Luz y La Sombra / Episodio 2 by Michael Nason (MFA 15), 14:26
The Selection Committee for the program this year includes faculty members Betzy Bromberg, Charlotte Pryce, alumnus Andrew Kim (MFA 13) and student Anna Hogg (MFA 16).
All screenings are free and open to the public, but reservations are required as seating is limited. For more information about 2014 Film/Video Showcase screenings held at REDCAT, visit the site.
Above is trailer for Square Dance, Los Angeles County, California, 2013 by das Fadas, a film that screened at the 2013 Ann Arbor Film Festival.