The QS World University Rankings recently released its list of Top 10 Universities for Art & Design and CalArts is among the higher education institutions cited. CalArts ranks ninth out of a list that names United Kingdom’s Royal College of Art as the top university for Art & Design. Other universities included are Stanford University and Rhode Island School of Design.
Below is the complete ranking:
- Rank 1: Royal College of Art, UK
- Rank 2: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), US
- Rank 3: Parsons The New School for Design, US
- Rank 4: Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), US
- Rank 5: Pratt Institute, US
- Rank 6: University of the Arts London, UK
- Rank 7 (tie): Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Rank 7 (tie): School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC), US
- Rank 9: California Institute of the Arts, US
- Rank 10: Stanford University, US
The QS World University Rankings are a ranking of the world’s top universities produced by Quacquarelli Symonds published annually since 2004. It is widely recognized and cited as one of the three main world university rankings. The rankings use peer review data collected from 74,651 scholars and academics and 37,781 recruiters to rank 916 universities around the world.