This weekend (May 5-6), the graduating class of The Sharon Disney Lund School of Dance at CalArts presents Next Dance, a showcase of new works at Roy and Edna Disney/CalArts Theater (REDCAT).
This year, guest choreographers Gustavo Ramírez Sansano, of the Spanish dance company Proyekto Titoyaya, and alumnus Ryan Mason (BFA 07) premiere new work, along with School of Dance faculty Nina Flagg and Andre Tyson. Also featured are premieres by selected BFA and MFA choreographers.
On the program:
- CM 1665 (Critical Mass One Six Six Five), by Nina Flagg
- 18+1 (adapted for CalArts 2017), by Gustavo Ramírez Sansano
- Another Cycle, by Kelsey Long (BFA 17)
- Within An I, by Manuel Meza (BFA 17)
- Password: Heartbeat, by Jodi Porter (MFA 17)
- Portrait of Mother and Child, by Paola Escobar (MFA 17)
- Crash>>> <<, by Ryan Mason
- Code~dIsSoNaNcE~REVERIE, by Andre Tyson
Next Dance’s mission is to create a focused performance and choreographic showcase for the students of The Sharon Disney Lund School of Dance. The goal is to support the creation and development of new work choreographed by guest artists, faculty, MFA students and BFA students.
May 5-6, 8:30 pm
631 W. 2nd St., Los Angeles
Tickets: $20 general audience; $16 members; $10 CalArts affiliates