The latest issue of The Pool (#9), CalArts’ alumnx/alumni magazine, is now online. The magazine shares the stories of fellow CalArtians and the work they’ve produced during an unforgettable, topsy-turvy year.
Find featured in The Pool #9:
- A podcast interview with Claire Marie Vogel (Film/Video BFA 10), who created an online exhibition of musician profiles called Artists in Isolation.
- Chase Woolner’s (Theater BFA 12) use of puppetry to help teach children through Zoom classes and his new pottery practice.
- Micaela Tobin’s (Music MFA 16) experimental opera, imbued with Filipino mythology, had its virtual premiere through REDCAT earlier this month.
- The pandemic paintings of Esther Pearl Watson (Art MFA 12).
- The cookie artistry of Monica Hicks-Jenkins (Art 09).
- A preview of Carla Lucero’s (Music BFA 86) commission from the LA Opera.
- And a salute to Tom Lawson’s three-decade career as dean of the School of Art.