Images tagged "elizabeth-levitt-hirsch"

No Responses

1. Gary Schwartz // //

Remember students running out of ‘crits’ in the art school with tears streaming down their faces.

2. Marsian De Lellis // //

Please credit William Short for the above photo of Marsian De Lellis in their studio, and for the single image of the doll, please credit Track 16/Marsian De Lellis

3. Lauren Pratt // //

Motoko Honda is also a CalArts alum, and I know she would like to be featured in CalArts promo. Lauren

4. Elisabeth // //

Dear Scott Taylor,

I am interested in Nam June Paik’s influence on CalArts. You mention him in the first sentence among others as one key figure from the Fluxus circle. I did researches and found out that Nam June Paik was guest lecturer and that he left one Video Synthesizer at CalArts. Do you know more about his undertakings at the CalArt and about the influence he had on his students. Do you know one of his students?
    Looking very much forward to your reply,
    best wishes,
    Elisabeth

5. David Korobkin // //

Please consider a tribute CalArts icon, F.x. Feeney.
    F.x. is a legend as a film critic in the L.A. film scene. F.x. was my suite mate at the newly completed forms in the fall of 1972.

F.x., David Strick, my roommate, and I remained friends to the end for our beloved F.x. Feeney.

6. Cecilia // //

The NY showcase is on the 4th of March not the 6th. The date on the announcement in incorrect. Please correct it!

2020 Actors Showcase
    New York Showcase 2020
    March 4, 2020
    The Ailey Citigroup Theater
    The Joan Weill Center for Dance
    405 W. 55th St., New York, NY 10019
    4 and 7 pm

7. Maria Thereza // //

This dificult moments could increasing
    many people to see life with less
    Indiference about others people who are
    suffering. Let’s hope the world became
    a better place to live after thoses
    Terribles days.

8. Georgi Ann Coquereau-Kimi // //

Adding to the list of readings: “Gas Station Bathrooms I Slept In” is a non fictional bibliography based on my solo travels beginning age 8 through 14, navigating upheavals of a chaotic society, dodging Manson’s click, etc, from Hollywood, Ca to Tempe, Arizona, sneaking into gas station bathrooms at night for safe shelter, hence the title, solo travels by day. In my more mature formalities and educated perspectives I’ve put together a book made up of 18 pages of text, suggestive photo plates & illustrations of suggested environmental instances allowing others to participate in one’s own frame of references. https://vimeo.com/343885050

9. Roberta Griffith // //

I was unable to listen to the concert when broadcast on Friday night. My car had a flat tire, making it impossible for me to do soI would be happy to pay the $10.00 to listen to it online when I am able.. Regards, Roberta Griffith, Chouinard ’60, and former flautist

10. louis DeCarlo MFA 76 // //

I remember you in your surgical outfit back in those crazy fun (educational) daze,. sublevel E,.,. is great to read up on what youve been doing. all the best

11. John Sherwood // //

Six nominations for CalArts lighting Designers.
    Way to go!

12. Camellia Saleh // //

Hi! Camellia here, just wanted to notify whoever wrote this that my name is misspelled. There is 2 L’s in Camellia. I would appreciate it if someone could correct it.

Thank you so much,
    Camellia

13. RUTH ZIONY // //

I AM SO LATE TO THIS PARTY. DAMN. FX WAS AN IMPORTANT PERSON IN MY LIFE, TOO. HE CAME
    TO MANY OF THE PARTIES I HAD, BROUGHT WONDERFUL GIFTS INCLUDING A SPECIALLY
    BOUND BLANK BOOK WHIHC I STILL HAVE-OF ONION SKIN PAPER. WE UNDERSTOOD EACH
    OTEHR AND BEFORE HE LEFT LOS FELIZ WE WOULD BUMP INTO ONE ANOTHER AND TALK
    ABOUT THE STATE OF THE WORLD, OUR WORLD ETC. PEE WEE HERMAN’S TRIBUTE IS
    JUST SO ON POINT. AND THE PHOTO!! SIGH. LOSS LOSS LOSS.

14. Jo Ann Callis // //

How do I get into this symposium at 11:00 PST tomorrow. Is there a link to let me in?

15. Sophia Yazbeck // //

So nice to find this page and Cabin Fever playlists on Spotify. I have listened to them, I love them so much, it’s my taste. Besides, I have also used a tool from https://www.audkit.com to download Cabin Fever’s playlist to MP3 with my Spotify Premium. Now I usually play this playlist on my MP3 player. Looking forward to getting more wonderful songs.

16. Bill Brewer // //

At last, welcome, deserved recognition for these very inspiring Chouinard student
    benches! Think of all the talent who knew them well! I love them.
    Bill Brewer